Saturday, May 16, 2009

Welcome to the Breakfast Table...

and welcome to my blog!

Why did I start a blog? I often post on Facebook what I am cooking at The Pomegranate. Most days, someone usually comments back, "that sounds delicious" or my personal favorite, "can you cook that for me?" Also, when I check in the dining room, guests want to know, "how did you make that?" I've been called countless times for a good breakfast recipe or for advice on a sweet treat for the morning or afternoon snack. So, I'm creating this blog for you and all my guests! Not only will you find mouth-watering breakfast fare but sweet and savory afternoon tea treats!

I hope you find my recipes to be unique and delicious! Without leaving your home, you'll be able to enjoy the great breakfast and teas that guests at The Pomegrante Inn enjoy each and every day. And, I promise to be honest in my opinions of them! Right off the bat.... I'll take a sweet breakfast over a savory one any day!

Why breakfast? It is my favorite meal and reminds me of my grandparent's Richard and Shirley. Growing up, the three of us prefered going out to breakfast over dinner any day. Vermont maple syrup, fresh eggs, and breakfast sausage were staples in our home. Buttermilk pancakes or golden waffles were always served on the weekends and it was always a treat to have "breakfast for dinner." So, in a way this blog is a little tribute to them...

As a bonus, I'll be able to keep track of all my recipes and instantly make changes to them as I perfect them each week. Check in often and I'm sure you'll find something mouth watering. Comment with your variations on the recipes and let me know what worked and what didn't. I'd love to read your stories...

So grab your whisk, make sure your knives are sharp, preheat the oven, and belly up to the table! Bon Appetit...

3 comments:

  1. Scott I love your blog and really the receipes are simply amazing! You've come a long way baby and I see in yur future your own cooking show on tv!
    Luv ya
    Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, can't wait to try some of your recipes..
    Love ya Baby~~~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally made it here!!! This is wonderful Scotty!!! I can't wait for the long weekend to try some of these!

    -Sue

    ReplyDelete